Definition of KCRO
KCRO is a neutral, non-governmental, non-profit, humanitarian organization, aiming to work and serve the public interest. The organization believes that in every aspect of life, priority must be given to the human disregard of its racism, gender affiliation.
Date of Establishment
Registration status in Iraq (date, authority)
- Ministry of Interiors; Registration (#: 1970), dated on; (13/4/2003)
- Ministry of Humanitarian Aid and Cooperation; Registration (#: 152), dated on : (02/07/2003)
Consolidate the civil rights to all kind of peoples ,and get them acknowledged with the obligations and rights according to law , to be appropriate with society transformation towards democracy
Kurdistan Civil Rights Organization, uses democratic principles as its best weapon to achieve social equality and human rights, particularly among women and children .As community leaders and activities, we seek peaceful, democratic means to break barriers of fear between citizens and government in Iraqi Kurdistan and to make our deserved rights a reality.
KCRO advocates for just laws that guarantee the freedom of thought, reflect democratic principles and establish equality among individuals, also KCRO supports international human rights agreements issued by the UN.
Kurdistan civil rights organization (KCRO) is a neutral non-governmental humanitarian organization, which believes that since the recognition of the inherent dignity of all members of the human family and their equal fixed is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world, so Priority must be given to the civilians in general aspects to gain their rights as according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
KCRO exist in order to serve others in need, independently and without discrimination KCRO believes that education is a fundamental right and works towards its promotion; in this aspect, KCRO In close coordination with the other specialized agencies strives towards ensuring basic education for all humans irrespective of gender, religion, race and ethnicities.
KCRO works with all national and international organizations as well as government bodies towards the realization of the sustainable human development objectives preserve and improve human life and contribute towards the achievement of the vision of peace and social progress
Main sectors of work
Enhancing civil society, Elections, Environment, youth, Women rights, advocacy, public opinion researches and monitoring places of detention.
Geographical areas of intervention
Dohuk, Erbil and Musel governorates
- The organization is founded with the purpose of developing civil society through serving all ethnic groups living within the borders of the country in co-ordination with the other international , local NGOs and governmental bodies.
- awareness of the importance of education and respect for human rights through various activities, conferences, symposia, workshops and other means that would promote a culture of citizens and the organs and institutions of Iraq.
- Control administrative corruption, which affects negatively the process of democratization.
- voter education, public education and raising awareness of democratic and electoral through multiple activities, conferences, symposia, workshops and other means that would raise voter awareness and urging the need to exercise the electoral process.
- Building alliances and partnerships with civil society organizations would develop independent work and organizational performance in general.
- The organization shall implement its projects and undertake activities in co-ordination with the concerned government departments.
In order to fulfill its objectives, the organization would undertake the following activities:
- KCRO pay special attention to the human rights, as regards to equity between males and females, maternity, childhood, disabled through organizing awareness courses on the civil rights and establishing connection channels with the universities and educational institutes in close co-ordination with the concerned local departments.
- Supporting the income generation projects towards promotion of self-reliance.
- Participation in the improvement of election education through promotion of women , constituencies and marginalized sects education and organizing teaching methodology development courses for voters , provision of education materials and exchange of information through election networks.
- Control administrative corruption, which affects negatively the process of democratization, with pressure and defending the direction of the laws and instructions and institutions limit corruption and ensure fairness and transparency in the work of institutions.
- Establishing strong relations with international organizations to exchange experience and skills in order to transfer to other local organizations to develop their performance and thereby build a civilized society.
Membership in Kurdistan Civil Rights Organization
Memberships in the Organization of KCRO as a general form of cultural activists persons in the area of civil society, whether these people belong to organizations, other institutions or do not belong on condition that they possess the confidence of members of the governing body of the organization.
- Be independent and non-activist to any party or political entity.
- Must be of good character and behavior are known collectively compromise integrity and impartiality has not committed any crime or offence against honor.
- May apply in writing to the governing body of the organization and location of accredited two members of the governing body.
KCRO is a member in the following networks:
- Earth day network
- NGOs Federation of Civil society / Duhok
- NGO Coordination Committee in Iraq (NCCI)
- Iraqi Network for Human Rights Culture and Development
- National Platform for women
- Iraqi Kurdistan NGOs network (IKNN)